Title/Position: Performance Associate
Department or Business Unit: Performance Management
Reporting Structure: RVP of Performance Management
Employment Type: FTE
Exemption Status: Exempt
Travel Required: Yes 80%
Overview of the Role:
The Performance Associate is responsible for managing a cluster of our clinically integrated multi-specialty practices and be accountable for driving overall performance results.
Primary Job Duties:
- Manage a portfolio of 25 - 30 independent physician practices
- Drive growth and improvement to portfolio of physician practices
- Draft and implement action plans to improve and grow physician practices’ overall revenue
- Create transparency with practices about their financial performance (or lack thereof), in order to drive change
- Track and manage metrics and goals related to finance, revenue cycle, productivity, clinical performance, and customer experience
- Re-engineer the practice workflow to streamline patient throughput and efficiency
- Mentor and coach practice administrators, in the management of their physician practice
- Work closely with internal team to facilitate the transition of the physician practice from Fee-For-Service to the future Risk-based world of healthcare reimbursement
- Roll out and communicate new Privia initiatives
- Provide top-notch customer service to physician practices to ensure issues are resolved and clients are satisfied
- Ensure that operations are conducted in accordance with applicable accreditation, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Engage company resources, as necessary, to meet the needs of the practice
- Bachelor’s degree required. Healthcare Master’s or MBA highly preferred.
- 1+ years previous healthcare experience; Working with physicians and medical group staff preferred
- Quantitatively and financially focused; must know how to read a balance sheet and explain financial data
- Functions independently and autonomously with physician practice relationships and seeks out ways to activate change against the status quo. Appropriately communicates up the ladder.
- Project management experience juggling multiple projects and urgent deliverables while providing exceptional client service
- Ability to develop thorough understanding of Population Health Management and how it applies to risk-based contracts.
- Ability to build thorough understanding of Privia Care Team resources and how each apply to Population Health Management.
- Must provide reliable transportation
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations
Work is performed in an office environment. Employee must have the ability to lift, move and store supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In order to successfully work remotely, supporting our patients and providers, we require a minimum of 5 MBPS for Download Speed and 3 MBPS for the Upload Speed. This should be acquired prior to the start of your employment. The best measure of your internet speed is to use online speed tests like https://www.bing.com/search?q=speedtest
opens in a new window . This gives you an update as to how fast data transfer is with your internet connection and if it meets the minimum speed requirements. Work with your internet provider if you have questions about your connection. Employees who regularly work from home offices are eligible for expense reimbursement to offset this cost.