Overview of the Role:
The Senior DevOps Engineer works across the Product Engineering Team to build a DevOps culture by working with each team to design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments. The Sr. DevOps engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining infrastructure as code through Ansible and Terraform. The right candidate is strong in Ubuntu in either a server or cloud environment and confident in handling OS upgrades, security patches, apache recompilation.
Primary Job Duties
- Participate in development operations projects including migration of servers and databases from public and private clouds including co-location and GCP
- Oversee, mentor, and train other DevOps and software engineers, onshore and offshore, including empowering others to learn and implement DevOps best practices.
- Build and manage monitoring for production services and processes including flashboards and real time monitoring with SMS notifications
- Responsible for maintaining the development infrastructure including: Linux servers,, public and private cloud environments
- Maintain a secure development infrastructure, collaborate with enterprise shared services and information security to maintain a secure environment
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
- Develop capabilities that move the team towards continuous integration and zero downtime deploys
- Work with other security resources (internal or external) to mitigate security risks and maintain a relatively small risk profile
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
- Engineer solutions for scalability, reliability, and uptime, including ability to identify and troubleshoot performance issues like memory leaks, processing bottlenecks, database load etc.
- Serve as a resource for the team especially in scripting, command line, version management, process
- Operate and administer Atlassian tools, such as Jira and Bamboo
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science strongly preferred
- Strong Linux (Ubuntu) system administration skills
- Strong experience securing the Linux operating system, apache and Ruby on Rails from internal and external threats
- 3+ years of solid experience with Ansible
- Strong background in modernization via Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with the following:
- Apache with SSL
- Docker / Kubernetes / GKE
- Experience with agile scrum practices, including automated testing
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and operating applications (particularly Ruby and JVM applications) deployed in cloud environments such as private colocation, E2C, GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Fluent in at least one scripting language in addition to Bash (Python/Perl/PHP/Ruby), Python experience highly preferred
- Expert knowledge of Git
- Comfortable in a distributed agile environment
- Experience with test frameworks such as unittest, rspec, serverspec, chefspec, kitchen-ci, puppet-rspec, beaker
- Must enforce all HIPAA rules and regulations in partnership with Privia’s Chief Information Security Officer; support enterprise security policies and procedures, and work as a collaborative partner with Privia’s Enterprise Shared Services team.
- Must be willing and able to communicate with the team via webcam, webconf, and phone.
- Must have access to private, quiet work space with high-speed internet to effectively work remotely
- Must be able to travel for team-offsites twice per year and to attend vendor meetings directly related to the position in person.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
In order to successfully work remotely, supporting our patients and providers, we require a minimum of 5 MBPS for Download Speed and 3 MBPS for the Upload Speed. This should be acquired prior to the start of your employment. The best measure of your internet speed is to use online speed tests like https://www.bing.com/search?q=speedtest. This gives you an update as to how fast data transfer is with your internet connection and if it meets the minimum speed requirements. Work with your internet provider if you have questions about your connection. Employees who regularly work from home offices are eligible for expense reimbursement to offset this cost.