Product Marketing Manager Job Description
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing the information necessary to advance product sales and to serve as the champion for new product launches. As a member of the Marketing team, you will be responsible for presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand, articulate our value, and ultimately help drive revenue for the organization. The successful candidate will also be charged with launching engaging marketing programs that will reach the target audience for each product.
To be successful in this role, you need to be a motivated self-starter as well as a team player. The ideal candidate will be familiar with traditional product marketing practices including product marketing plan development, industry and competitive research and analysis, product messaging and positioning development.
- Become an expert in Privia’s innovative product offerings and translate the value proposition into a compelling narrative that addresses customers’ challenges, describes benefits, and differentiates us from competitors.
- Develop comprehensive product information and marketing campaigns for internal and external use to ensure sales and marketing personnel have the tools to sell our products.
- Work closely with the product development team to determine the most salient features and benefits of each existing and new product.
- Drive marketing efforts to generate strong momentum ahead of new product launches
- Create training materials and programs for sales teams.
- Evaluate the competitive marketplace and analyze differentiators to develop segmentation, positioning & messaging across customer audiences and products.
- Work with our product and sales teams to evolve our product messaging and positioning to resonate with our target personas. Secure product claims to support your efforts.
- Become our go-to expert on industry, market, and product insights to inform our campaign development, competitive positioning, and company growth.
- Proven experience as a Product Marketer or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- 3-5 years B2B product marketing experience, healthcare and/or technology experience is ideal
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to quickly and concisely articulate product benefits to various customer segments
- Ability to switch between longer-term, strategic projects and tactical, quick-turn initiatives
- Ability to work independently, with other members of the marketing team, and cross-functionally (including with Sales, Product, and Performance teams)