Title/Position: Associate Consultant, Performance Management
Department or Business Unit: Performance Management
Reporting Structure: VP, RVP or Performance Consultant, Performance Management
Employment Type: FTE
Exemption Status: Exempt
Min. Experience: Mid-Level
Travel Required: Yes 80% (regional)
Overview of the Role:
The Associate Consultant is responsible for managing a portfolio of our clinically integrated multi-specialty practices and is accountable for driving overall performance results.
Primary Job Duties:
- Manage and own a portfolio of partner physician practices.
- Serve as point of contact for portfolio care centers and provide routine and regular updates as they relate to the partnership.
- Assist in driving growth and operational improvement to portfolios of physician practices.
- Facilitate, in coordination with each Care Center, the development and implementation of action plans designed to meet the Care Centers’ strategic plans and key performance initiatives as set by the company.
- Create transparency with practices about their financial performance in order to drive change.
- Provide reporting and develop presentations, as appropriate, to present status of actionable initiatives.
- Track and manage metrics and goals related to finance, revenue cycle, productivity, clinical performance, value-based care and customer experience.
- Evaluate and assist in re-engineering the practice workflow to streamline patient throughput and efficiency.
- Mentor and coach practice administrators, in the management of their physician practice.
- Review data, share best practices and coach Care Center teams on strategies to succeed in value-based care agreements with payers.
- Engage company resources, as necessary, to meet the needs of the Care Center. Serve as the project coordinator to ensure timely completion and delivery of requested deliverable.
- Manage expectations with Care Centers as they relate to timeframes and service delivery.
- Assist in the development and execution of sub-market strategies aimed at driving growth, performance and revenue.
- Assist in coordination and presentation of key, in-market, physician meetings for both primary care and specialty care providers.
- Evaluate practice operations and offer strategic and constructive feedback for the benefit of the physician practice.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant health care topics and share information as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge in AthenaHealth’s Performance Management System and electronic health record.
- Provide top-notch customer service to physician practices to ensure issues are resolved and clients are satisfied.
- Ensure that operations are conducted in accordance with applicable accreditation, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or other healthcare related advanced degree is preferred.
- Previous healthcare experience required; working with physicians and medical groups is preferred.
- Skill and experience in quantitative and financial analysis and interpretation; must know how to read a balance sheet and explain financial data.
- Must be familiar and proficient in the use of software (e.g. EHR systems, CRM, Microsoft Office or equivalent, etc.).
- Comfort in functioning independently and autonomously and can effectively build a case to effect change.
- Project management experience with the skill to prioritize multiple projects and urgent deliverables while providing exceptional client service.
- Thorough understanding of Population Health Management and how it applies to risk-based contracts.
- Must provide reliable transportation. Regional travel is expected.
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
- Skilled at using data to determine opportunities and make decisions.
- Able to have honest, difficult conversations with doctors about financial performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with providers, management, clients and staff, in order to get buy-in to decisions.
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively, motivates the listener to action.
- Responds calmly and maturely in high pressure situations.
- Uses a customer-focused approach in dealing with conflict and resolution of problems.
Work is performed in an office environment. Employee must have the ability to lift or move supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Technical Requirements for Remote Work:
In order to successfully work remotely, supporting our patients and providers, we require a minimum of 5 MBPS for Download Speed and 3 MBPS for the Upload Speed. This should be acquired prior to the start of your employment. The best measure of your internet speed is to use online speed tests like https://www.bing.com/search?q=speedtest . This gives you an update as to how fast data transfer is with your internet connection and if it meets the minimum speed requirements. Work with your internet provider if you have questions about your connection. Employees who regularly work from home offices are eligible for expense reimbursement to offset this cost.