Title/Position: Senior Accountant
Department or Business Unit: Finance and Accounting
Reporting Structure: Accounting Director
Employment Type: FTE
Exemption Status: Exempt
Min. Experience: Mid-Level
Travel Required: None
Overview of the Role:
The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Director and will help to develop and document business processes. The Senior Accountant is also expected to identify opportunities for increased efficiency and then work with departmental and cross-departmental teams to implement improvements.
Primary Job Duties:
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Ensure that desktop procedures are complete, accurate, and updated timely for areas of responsibility.
- Seek and identify opportunities for operational improvement. Recommend modifications to accounting processes. Marshal resources to implement improvement efforts.
- Lead special projects and ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Prepare monthly bank and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries accurately, timely, and with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Contribute to portions of month end close processes. Develop subject matter expertise in certain areas such as management fees, revenue accounting, value-based payments, etc. to support improvement efforts
- Assist in training other team members.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required. Related fields include Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or Accounting/Management Information Systems.
- 3+ years of direct accounting experience required. Month end close experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting functions, including revenue recognition, expense accruals, accounts payable, budgeting, credit, and cost allocations. Systems integrations and internal controls experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with ERP systems a plus. Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and basic awareness of other comprehensive bases of accounting (e.g. IFRS, cash/tax basis, etc.).
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred, but not required.
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations.
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and with ambiguous or incomplete instructions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with varying levels within the Company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Technical Requirements for Remote Work:
In order to successfully work remotely, supporting our patients and providers, we require a minimum of 5 MBPS for Download Speed and 3 MBPS for the Upload Speed. This should be acquired prior to the start of your employment. The best measure of your internet speed is to use online speed tests like https://www.bing.com/search?q=speedtest. This gives you an update as to how fast data transfer is with your internet connection and if it meets the minimum speed requirements. Work with your internet provider if you have questions about your connection. Employees who regularly work from home offices are eligible for expense reimbursement to offset this cost.