Title/Position: Internal Auditor Business Unit: Legal & Compliance
Reporting Structure: Director of Compliance & Audit
Employment Type: Full-Time
Exemption Status: Exempt
Min. Experience: 1-3 Years
Travel Required: 3-5 Days a Month
Overview of the Role:
Under the supervision of the Director of Compliance & Audit, the Internal Auditor will assist with business process risk and control identification, control evaluation, governance processes, and maintaining the required elements of an effective Compliance Program (including audit and monitoring). The Internal Auditor will clearly and concisely document audit and special project procedures performed and draft project reports and deliverables as assigned. In collaboration with the Director of Compliance & Audit, the Internal Auditor will provide guidance on the effectiveness of Operational, Financial, and Compliance processes and controls.
Primary Job Duties:
- Work directly with business process owners to create documentation that outlines operational, financial, and compliance processes and procedures and assist in determining opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate directly with departmental management to document and evaluate the effectiveness of the business process and compliance controls, including detailed testing of control activities.
- Collaborate with the Director of Compliance & Audit to develop risk-based audit programs.
- Document workpapers for procedures completed with clear and concise findings, root causes, and conclusions.
- Collaborate with Management to design meaningful corrective action plans and due dates that address the root cause(s) of findings.
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer and Director of Compliance & Audit in preparation and delivery of reports to the departmental management, Executive Management, Market-Level Board of Governors, and Board of Directors as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Healthcare industry audit experience
- Achievement of or progress toward CPA and/or CIA certification is preferred.
- Big 4, large regional CPA firm, or publicly-traded company internal audit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- 1-3 years of experience in external or internal audit with a proficient understanding of risks and controls.
- Experience documenting processes and internal controls and internal control testing is required.
- Familiarity with COSO and The IIA’s Three Lines of Defense.
- General knowledge of laws and regulations impacting healthcare; Ability to review and understand regulations and guidelines and apply them to business practices.
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations.
Communication Methods Used:
- Google Meets
- Google Chat