Title/Position: Senior Analyst
Department or Business Unit: Medical Economics
Employment Type: FTE
Exemption Status: Exempt
Min. Experience: Mid-Level
Travel Required: None
Overview of the Role:
The Senior Analyst will use data and analyses to support the Privia Management Services Organization (PMSO) of the Florida market in achieving the goal of measurably improving the health of the community that we serve. The candidate will use analytic techniques to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of a variety of programs to promote healthy lifestyles, leverage community-based resources, improve health outcomes, and reduce unnecessary healthcare utilization.
- Demonstrate expertise in study design, experimentation, and outcomes analyses for the purpose of assessing and validating projects’ success. The desirable candidate will apply his or her experience with concepts like control groups, matching techniques, sampling techniques, forecasting, and various experimental design approaches for the purpose of program evaluation.
- Leverage strong hands-on experience with data and analytic tools to perform ad hoc analyses for the purpose of discovering and vetting business opportunities. Utilize business skills to support sorting and prioritizing business opportunities using a common metric or set of metrics.
- Utilize business analyst skills, in partnership with reporting teams, to develop clear reporting requirements for the purpose of designing reports/visualization tools to track project progress over time.
- Perform data manipulation and analyses using tools such as SQL. Perform advanced analyses using tools like R, Stata, SAS. Incorporate experience with medical claims, pharmacy claims, and electronic medical record data.
- Effectively communicate with multiple audiences, including providers, executive leaders, and peers, using tools like PowerPoint and MS Excel to summarize projects.
- Use data and relationships to support Population Health success in a complex Integrated Delivery Network (IDN).
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- A minimum of 2 years as a data analyst, research analyst or similar type of role; preferably spent in the healthcare industry
- Academic or applied knowledge of experimental design, methods, and demonstrated ability to select appropriate analyses
- Knowledge of CPT/HCPCS and ICD-10 coding systems
- Intermediate to expert level of proficiency with statistical software such as SAS, Stata, or open source programming languages like R
- Intermediate to Expert level of proficiency with MS Excel creating Charts, graphs, and trending
- Ability to work with applications of mathematical and statistical concepts
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Medicare value-based care programs, as well as traditional FFS coverage and guidelines.
- Experience developing and deploying visualization tools, like PowerBI, Microstratgey, or Tableau.
- Familiarity with concepts utilized in Public Health for healthcare surveillance.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and familiarity with, data governance
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying predictive models
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.