Title/Position: Financial Reporting Manager (SEC Experience)
Development (leveling) Track: M1
Department or Business Unit: Finance
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Employment Type: FTE
Exemption Status: Exempt
Travel Required: Negligible amount
Overview of the Role:
Privia is looking to hire a Financial Reporting Manager to help upgrade its reporting to be on par with SEC reporting. The Financial Reporting Manager will work closely with the external public accounting firm during annual audits and any interim work. Any individual in this role is expected to recommend continuous process improvements to maximize efficiencies in financial accounting and reporting.
Primary Job Duties:
- Use experience in SEC reporting to upgrade Privia’s current financial reporting
- Manage external financial reporting
- Partner with internal team to ensure consistency, compliance and accuracy of reporting
- Manage analysis and reporting on new accounting pronouncements
- Assist with preparation of consolidated financial reports, including cash flows
- Assist in reporting in accordance with ASC 718
Education, Experience and Skills
- Certified Public Accountant
- Between 5 to 7 years' experience, with a minimum of 2-3 years in public accounting performing audits of commercial businesses
- 2-3 years of SEC reporting experience with a public company
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP
- Healthcare experience is considered a plus.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Strong ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial and business journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients and co-workers in an effort to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to top management.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts like quadratic equations and basic logic functions such as if-then-else statements. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as statistical math calculations, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Communication Methods Used:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.