Overview of the Role:
The Client Finance Intern will play a crucial role responsible for aiding two aspects of Client Finance across all markets nationally. The role is responsible for coordinating and accessing practices’ legacy billing and practice management systems either virtually via VPN or in person (if in the DMV area). The role is responsible for financial data gathering and the development of models to evaluate the value proposition for prospective and existing Privia Medical Group (PMG) clients. Additionally, this position will be responsible for aiding the Client Finance team in addressing client questions and concerns as they relate to cash flow operations. The individual in this position will interface with physician practices (our clients) and work closely across many functions at headquarters (e.g. Practice Operations, Payor Contracting, Finance and Accounting).
Primary Job Duties:
- Aid in the creation of models to baseline all practices entering Privia Medical Group by overseeing the data collection and assisting with the necessary analysis.
- Acquire financial data from legacy practice management systems for conversion into PMG models
- Aggregate and analyze on-boarding physician practice historical financial and revenue cycle performance.
- Research and respond to Care Center questions and concerns as they relate to cash flow, physician payroll and fund flow process
- Work collaboratively with other teams and individuals to address Care Center finance concerns in an efficient and timely fashion
- Interface with external and internal stakeholders, in person, on the phone, and through Webex presentations
- Take an active part in learning about emerging applications and innovative solutions to improve business insights
- Run reports independently and think critically about the data obtained
- Perform pro-forma financial analyses with limited direction
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in quantitative field (Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technically savvy; Able to pull reports from several different practice management systems; Able to remote in
- Experience using Excel is strongly preferred
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and apply critical decision making with constantly shifting priorities
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing environment, with excellent attention to detail, multitasking and organizational skills
- Must possess a "can-do" attitude with the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; move about the office or other locations; sit; remain in a stationary position; communicate and exchange information. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.